Clinical Functional Movement is a form of exercise that uses pulleys, dumbells, weight bar, plyometrics, kettlebells, power bands and other gym equipment to condition your whole body. It focuses on improving core stability, balance, mobility, agility, coordination and strength. This equipment opens up a huge scope of exercise potential that you can safely enjoy in our studio or a typical gym. Clinical Functional Movement at Bodysmart is instructed by physiotherapists and billed as a physiotherapy consult, and hence, health insurance rebates may apply.
Key Features of Exercise Sessions
- ALL sessions run by experienced physiotherapists
- Up to 90% Private Health Rebates apply
- Sessions individually customised to help you achieve your goals faster
- Integrates gym equipment
- 1:1 or 1:3 physiotherapist to client ratio
- Classes run 7am to 6pm Monday-Friday
To ensure you achieve your specific goals, our Strength and Conditioning Trained physiotherapists will customise a unique, targeted exercise program for you.
Step 1: Attend a 40 minute 1:1 Comprehensive Assessment / Program Customisation Session
We start with a 1:1, 40 minute comprehensive assessment where a physiotherapist will assess your movement patterns, mobility and flexibility using the specialised FMS assessment. The physiotherapist will develop a customised functional strength program.
Step 2: Attend 1-3 one-on-one sessions doing your unique, customised program
• Perform one to three, 1:1 (30 or 40 minute) sessions with your physiotherapist
• This will improve your technique and skill using weights
• You can continue at this level or change to a semi private arrangement (Refer to Step 3)
Step 3: Attend semi-private sessions doing your unique, customised program
• Once you have mastered the key skills you can participate in semi-private 40 minute sessions
• One physiotherapist works very closely with 2 or 3 clients simultaneously
• Each client completes their own individualised exercise program
• On each session your form will be checked and your program progressed
Step 4: Progress to Functional Strength physiotherapist supervised Group Sessions (optional)
• Refer to “Group Exercise Sessions” class info
Are you ready to live your potential?