Louise is a well-rounded senior Physiotherapist with extensive experience in the assessment and treatment of headaches, neck and back pain, and workplace related ailments. She has vast knowledge in the field of Ergonomics and workplace health. Louise has a strong interest and passion in using Pilates inspired and other rehabilitative exercise as an effective form of treatment to restore optimal body conditioning and function.
Louise is a qualified PINC cancer rehabilitation therapist and enjoys working with clients both undergoing cancer treatment and after, enabling them to return to a fully functional, strong and healthy life after cancer.
Key Qualifications and Courses
- Bachelors Degree in Physiotherapy, Curtin University
- PINC Cancer Rehabilitation Certification course
- Myofascial Dry Needling
- Watsons Headache and Migraine Course – Level 1
- Extensive in-house ergonomics training
Pilates and Exercise Qualifications and Courses
- Functional Strength Training (Kinetic Link training)
- Mat Pilates Level 1 (Queensland Institute of Pilates)
- Completed Pilates Polestar Comprehensive Rehabilitation Training which is the highest Level of Pilates practitioner training
- Has extensive experience and knowledge of Pilates inspired exercise and individualised exercise program design
- Over 400 hours of apprentice teaching, training and self-mastery
Key Areas of Experience and Interest
- Postural related neck, shoulder and lower back pain
- Pilates inspired exercise for rehabilitation
- Cancer rehabilitation
- Functional Strength Training (Kinetic Link Training)
- Sporting Injuries
- Chronic Pain
- Running, Cycling, Swimming Injuries
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Shoulder Rehabilitation
- Ergonomic Consultancy and Seminars
- Corporate Health program implementation
- Evaluation of Ergonomic Equipment (e.g. desks, seating)
- Health and Wellness Seminars
Personal Interests and Achievements
In her spare time Louise enjoys playing netball, hiking, running, completing the HBF half marathon in both 2017 and 2019. .
She loves the ocean and has completed the Southern Ocean Classic Mile in 2015 and 2016 and 2018.
Favourite Quote or Ethos
Just do it!